It's Ray's three month anniversary and I've been thinking all week about how much things have changed in all of our lives and the things we've learned. What follows is a list, from each of us, of the important things we've learned in the last three months.
- How to sit.
- How to stay (for almost a minute! As long as you say "stay" every 10 seconds or so).
- How to heel (sometimes).
- Sitting, staying, and heeling are HIGHLY overrated
- Cat food is delicious.
- Everything is a toy until it's taken away from you.
- Stairs are scary until you get used to them.
- Daycare is the funnest thing on the planet.
- You can never take too many walks or make too many friends.
- Cats are interesting but not very much fun and they can be very, very scary.
- Chairs and couches are more comfortable than a pile of leaf mulch, but not by much.
- Rawhide bones get flabby when they've been in the ground too long.
- A cuppa tea in the morning is very refreshing.
- Coffee is good too, especially with cream and sugar
- No matter how many times you bump your head you gotta keep on going.
- One month is not long enough to find out if a new dog is going to work in a household of beings that have never been around a dog. Neither is two months.
- Never turn your back on a blind dog when he's in a frisky mood.
- Never, ever, ever leave food on the counter if you ever want to see it again.
- You can never take too many walks.
- Meeting people is almost ridiculously easy with Ray around.
- A tidy household is HIGHLY overrated.
- Just because someone shares your passion for wool does not mean they should have access to it.
- Blind dogs can do anything, especially if it involves getting into trouble.
- Blogs can be fun but they sure do take a lot of time.
- Dogs make your life a lot more interesting.
- Rawhide bones and chews are indispensable.
- I now know the true meaning of "dog tired" and "wolf it down."
- In general, if it's too quiet in the house, it's not a good thing.
- Never put anything in the trash that smells like food to a dog.
- Everything smells like food to a dog.
- Never trust a sleeping dog.
- No matter how many times you run into obstacles you gotta keep on going.
- Never leave paper towels or napkins lying around.
- In my opinion, the new, customized gate is the greatest invention since the wheel.
- Lash, lock, and strap down EVERYTHING.
- A blind dog that goes to sleep when the sun goes down is a good thing
- Dogs really do things you see in cartoons - - howling, burying bones, etc.
- Cats do not get enough credit for their adaptability - - it takes time, but they can adjust.
- Although it seems a paradox, a dog can be both stubborn and lazy.
- No matter how much you wish it, the dog is not going to explode.
- If you hiss and/or growl, the dog will go away. Temporarily.
- Dogs are stupid
- No matter how much you wish it, the dog is not going away.
- Dog feet smell bad.
- There's something not quite right about this dog.
hahaha...I love this....you should do an updated oneReplyDelete
So funny that you mentioned it! I've been working on a three year edition for the past few days. I'm waiting on input from Gregg, Moonie, and Hugo. It should be up in a few daysDelete