Nothing is happening. Ray is trying to be on his best behavior because Christmas is coming.
I'm sure the following acts have been scribbled in Santa's notebook.
On the Good side:
- We got caught in a downpour while walking around a different lake than our usual, and at the end of the walk, while I dried Ray off with multiple towels, he tried to lick my fleecey sweatshirt dry with his tongue. (Santa likes helpful dogs)
- While we were walking around the block, Ray found a big, half-empty bag of Candy Corn, picked it up in his teeth and carried it awhile then dropped it in front of someone else's house. (Santa likes dogs that share)
- Ray took a shine to a Basset Hound puppy at the dog park. The little dog's ears were so long that he kept tripping over them and had so much extra skin that he could have fit a dog of Ray's size into it. (Santa likes kind dogs)
Ray with his friend the Basset puppy and the Basset's sister puppy, a Labrador Retriever
- Ray continues his fascination with shoes
- Ray starts whining at 2:00 o'clock for his afternoon walk. (The time change and the early darkness has really screwed up his schedule)
- Ray has been caught multiple times with his nose in my morning coffee
Good or Bad (depends on the interpretation):
- Ray continues his efforts to 'woo' Hugo. Hugo considers this a bad thing. Ray's interpretation is slightly different