- Border Collies are not very social, they are only interested in chasing things.
- Bichons always seem to be getting beat up by other dogs.
- Great Pyrenees look like dog food commercials, especially when they are trotting towards you and all of their fur is flowing in the breeze.
- Vizslas are attractive, eye-catching dogs.
- Wire-haired Vizslas are eye-catching in a different way, they look like catfish with fur.
- When a really good game gets going and four or five or six dogs are playing together, I find myself thinking of the term "dog pile." I think this must be where the term comes from.
- Pit bull puppies have to be the cutest things in the world, it's hard to believe what people do to these dogs.
- Sometimes a dog is so beautiful and graceful when it moves that my breath catches in my throat when I watch them.
- Huskies, border collies, Australian shepherds, Australian Cattle dogs, and other working dogs need a ridiculous amount of exercise.
- There sure are a lot of beagles.
- Almost every dog I've met at the dogpark has been a "rescue" which leads me to believe that there are a lot of good people out there.
- Almost everyone who has ever rescued a dog has been told that it is a lab mix despite the fact that it looks nothing like a lab.
- People love to talk about their dogs.
- I like to listen to people talk about their dogs.
Friday, November 13, 2009
I love watching the dogs at the dogpark. I've seen breeds that I've never even heard of and have observed a few things about which I'm going to make outrageous generalizations. If generalizations bother you, stop reading now